Fri, 27 Oct|
AUSMAP: Training Day
Learn about AUSMAP and participate in this full-day training session on the field sampling methodology for collecting, sorting and identifying microplastics.
Time & Location
27 Oct 2023, 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
Beauty Point, 9 Kemps Parade, Beauty Point TAS 7270, Australia
About the event
Join AUSMAP Program Director Dr Michelle Blewitt to become an accredited AUSMAP Ambassador.
- Gain a broader environmental awareness on the issue of plastics and deeper insight into the microplastic problem
- What are microplastics, where we can find them in our local community, and how AUSMAP is helping to reduce this problem, along with your help!
- Learn about the current state of affairs across Tasmania and Australia as a whole and how we can manage these issues
- Gain hands-on experience by undertaking a scientific microplastic sample along the Port Dalrymple shoreline, which contributes to authentic data collection
- Field sampling will take place - a practical accreditation will take place in the afternoon session, an essential part of the official AUSMAP program- on completion, you will become an accredited AUSMAP Ambassador and be able to assist in adding to the national database on microplastic loads.
The Training Day is kindly supported by Tamar NRM. This is training is perfect for teachers, educators, waste managers, members of council, sustainability officers, retirees, community members, and more!
Light morning tea will be provided - please BYO coffee cup, water bottle and lunch, or purchase close by on the day. Please, no single-use plastics!
LIMITED PLACES, PLEASE BOOK ASAP!
PLEASE RSVP Wed 25th Oct @ 12PM
Events may be photographed for media purposes.