Date(s) - 8 Mar 2018 until 9 Mar 2018
12:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Finding your niche – New opportunities for native produce
Australian Native Foods & Botanicals (ANFAB) and Tamar NRM are bringing together growers, aspiring growers, chefs, wholesalers, retailers and boutique producers.
At this event, speakers will showcase the exiting developments and possibilities of the burgeoning native food and botanicals’ sector as well as exploring niche markets.
- Exploring potential emerging markets
- Integrating indigenous cultural knowledge to strengthen the industry’s understanding and appreciation of the uniqueness and value of the species grown
- Connecting growers to the value chain
- Networking with the region’s food growers and niche marketing experts
- Building beneficial relationships
- Delivering the latest industry information: business models, value chain collaboration, quality assurance and logistical optimisation elements and a bus trip to a native pepper farm.
Speakers include leading industry figures:
Amanda Garner – Chair ANFAB; Kris Schaffer, Five Kungas – horticulturalist; Dr Chris Read, Diemen Pepper – native food grower & exporter; Corrine Ooms Wild Taz Products – wild harvester and grower; Rus Glover, Riberry Hill – grower and Industry consultant; Andrew Rath, Bronzewing Farm – grower and retailer; Philip Ridyard, Strait Brands – York Town distiller.